Gays Control FBI, CIA, Trying to Subvert Christians, Rightwinger Claims
BY Neal Broverman
October 03 2012 2:52 PM ET
A rightwing activist obsessed with LGBT people now claims that gays control the FBI and CIA and are using the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Act to “crack down on pro-family groups and citizens.”
Brian Camenker, who calls gays deviants and addicts, runs the website MassResistance, which is fixated on stopping marriage equality at all costs. Camenker's fringe group has a new "report" claiming queer people have infiltrated the FBI and CIA, with hopes of bringing down Christians.
Camenker appeared on a Christian radio show and reiterated his group's beliefs: "The FBI is just unbelievable to see. They have started a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender program on their careers website and they apparently have even gone from there to embracing the gay agenda, having a gay advisory committee, welcoming homosexuals as FBI agents, getting involved with pride events, but more than that going to gay pride events and encouraging homosexual activists to report hate crimes and working with them against pro-family groups. So this is what we’re seeing the FBI doing, according to their own writings and according to the writings of the gay newspapers. We have one on our website, one of the gay newspapers in San Francisco, ‘FBI Encourages LGBTs to Report Hate Crimes,’ it is very, very frightening to see. The FBI is very powerful and they can do a lot of damage if they are out to get you."
- Television WATCH: The First Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of The Normal Heart 13 min 17 sec ago
- Television Juliet Mills: Back to Nannying, With a Twist 41 min 32 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto 1 hour 26 min ago
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 7:00 AM
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM
- Current Issue The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd 4:00 AM