What This Author Is Passionate About
BY Advocate Contributors
July 09 2012 3:00 AM ET
… Girls Scouts of America.
I was overjoyed when I heard 7-year-old trans kid Bobby Montoya was finally permitted to join her local Girl Scout troop. The Girl Scouts were a big part of my childhood. My record-setting cookie sales aside, it’s where I learned about serving others. There may have been some backlash about Bobby’s inclusion, but I’m not sure what we as a nation expect from our teenagers, both bullies and victims, when we tell 7-year-olds that they don’t belong. GSoA believes that all children should be able to participate in their community. Support that mission and donate, volunteer, or buy some Samoas. GirlScouts.org
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Spirit Awards Gives Love Is Strange Four Nods, Including Best Picture
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Right-Wing Group Targets Trans-Friendly Federal Nominee
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- Outrage After Idaho Trans Woman Buried 'As a Man'