BY Trudy Ring
May 05 2013 3:59 PM ET
Fred & Fuzzy's Waterfront Bar & Grill (FredAndFuzzys.com) has indoor and outdoor tables where you can enjoy a sandwich or salad and a cherry margarita -- Door County is big on cherry orchards -- while watching the sun go down over Green Bay. Rowleys Bay Resort (below; RowleysBayResort.com) offers a traditional Wisconsin fish boil -- a tasty cauldron of whitefish, potatoes, and onions -- plus a full buffet and decadently rich bakery goods. The elegant Galileo's Italian Steakhouse and Bar at Liberty Square (LibertySquareShops.com) serves excellent steaks, seafood, and pasta.
The gay-owned Chanticleer Guest House (ChanticleerGuestHouse.com) is a charming B&B with suites in a 19th-century farmhouse and a converted barn, plus private cabins. Other picturesque, romance-inducing accommodations include the Country House Resort (CountryHouseResort.com) and the Eagle Harbor Inn (EagleHarborInn.com).
Door County reportedly has no LGBT bars, but almost every place is welcoming, so cozy up with your sweetie over wine or a cocktail at Galileo's, the Mission Grille (MissionGrille.com), or any number of other establishments.
Drive-in movie theaters provided a haven for affectionate young couples in the repressed 1950s. There aren't many drive-ins left in the nation, but Door County has one, the Skyway (DoorCountyDriveIn.com), open during the summer. So go steam up the windows to your heart's content!
- Politics A Brief History of Gays And The St. Patrick's Day Parade 54 min 31 sec ago
- Love and Sex WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video 1 hour 35 min ago
- Religion LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades 1 hour 45 min ago
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade March 16 2014 5:34 PM
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? March 16 2014 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? March 16 2014 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM