To Dallas Cowboys' Chagrin, Cowboys.com Is a Gay Dating Site
BY Neal Broverman
September 24 2012 1:14 PM ET
Many fans of the Dallas Cowboys are surprised when they visit Cowboys.com and, instead of seeing scores and schedules, encounter a gay dating website.
Back in 2007 the professional football team tried to buy the Cowboys.com URL for $275,000 but lost its bid thanks to an internal miscommunication (it still owns DallasCowboys.com). A group of investors snapped up the URL and recently launched a dating website aimed at gay cowboys (straight cowboy-lovers also welcome).
"Are you a country western cowboy looking for a man to ride into the sunset with?" reads Cowboys.com. "Come and create [a] relationship with singles [who] share your appreciation for the country way of life. You'll be able to find your perfect match here."
It's unclear whether the proprietors of Cowboys.com are leveraging homophobia to land a big payday with the football franchise, which is still interesting in owning the URL. Read more here.
- WATCH: Many Positive Reactions to TIm Cook's Coming-Out — and One Truly Horrid One
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Report: Couple Refuses Deal in Torture Case
- Op-ed: It Is Time to End Bottom-Shaming
- Indian Woman Uses Spycam to Have Husband Arrested for Gay Sex
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial