To Dallas Cowboys' Chagrin, Cowboys.com Is a Gay Dating Site
BY Neal Broverman
September 24 2012 1:14 PM ET
Many fans of the Dallas Cowboys are surprised when they visit Cowboys.com and, instead of seeing scores and schedules, encounter a gay dating website.
Back in 2007 the professional football team tried to buy the Cowboys.com URL for $275,000 but lost its bid thanks to an internal miscommunication (it still owns DallasCowboys.com). A group of investors snapped up the URL and recently launched a dating website aimed at gay cowboys (straight cowboy-lovers also welcome).
"Are you a country western cowboy looking for a man to ride into the sunset with?" reads Cowboys.com. "Come and create [a] relationship with singles [who] share your appreciation for the country way of life. You'll be able to find your perfect match here."
It's unclear whether the proprietors of Cowboys.com are leveraging homophobia to land a big payday with the football franchise, which is still interesting in owning the URL. Read more here.
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant March 15 2014 11:57 AM
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda March 15 2014 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina March 15 2014 4:00 AM