To Dallas Cowboys' Chagrin, Cowboys.com Is a Gay Dating Site
BY Neal Broverman
September 24 2012 1:14 PM ET
Many fans of the Dallas Cowboys are surprised when they visit Cowboys.com and, instead of seeing scores and schedules, encounter a gay dating website.
Back in 2007 the professional football team tried to buy the Cowboys.com URL for $275,000 but lost its bid thanks to an internal miscommunication (it still owns DallasCowboys.com). A group of investors snapped up the URL and recently launched a dating website aimed at gay cowboys (straight cowboy-lovers also welcome).
"Are you a country western cowboy looking for a man to ride into the sunset with?" reads Cowboys.com. "Come and create [a] relationship with singles [who] share your appreciation for the country way of life. You'll be able to find your perfect match here."
It's unclear whether the proprietors of Cowboys.com are leveraging homophobia to land a big payday with the football franchise, which is still interesting in owning the URL. Read more here.
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- Op-ed: Flying While Trans
- TV Mastermind Jane Espenson: From to to Evil Queens
- PHOTOS: Bartha, Bass, and More at Lambda Legal's West Coast Liberty Awards
- Study: Same-Sex Couples Suffer Discrimination in Rental Market
- Dallas Councilwoman Objects to "Homosexual Conduct" in HIV Testing Billboard
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' June 18 2013 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator June 18 2013 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins June 18 2013 5:44 PM