To Dallas Cowboys' Chagrin, Cowboys.com Is a Gay Dating Site
BY Neal Broverman
September 24 2012 1:14 PM ET
Many fans of the Dallas Cowboys are surprised when they visit Cowboys.com and, instead of seeing scores and schedules, encounter a gay dating website.
Back in 2007 the professional football team tried to buy the Cowboys.com URL for $275,000 but lost its bid thanks to an internal miscommunication (it still owns DallasCowboys.com). A group of investors snapped up the URL and recently launched a dating website aimed at gay cowboys (straight cowboy-lovers also welcome).
"Are you a country western cowboy looking for a man to ride into the sunset with?" reads Cowboys.com. "Come and create [a] relationship with singles [who] share your appreciation for the country way of life. You'll be able to find your perfect match here."
It's unclear whether the proprietors of Cowboys.com are leveraging homophobia to land a big payday with the football franchise, which is still interesting in owning the URL. Read more here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School