Manti Te’o Hoaxer Tells Dr. Phil He's Gay and Confused
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
January 30 2013 1:01 PM ET
The man behind the Catfish-style hoax on Notre Dame football player Manti Te’o has told his side of the story to Dr. Phil McGraw. Ronaiah Tuiasosopo told McGraw that Te’o didn't know he was being played. Tuiasosopo told the TV shrink that he's gay and confused, but the feelings and emotions he expressed to Te'o in those years of long distance romance were all true.
Another thing that Tuiasosopo revealed to McGraw is that, as far as he was concerned, he never lied about his feelings when he posed as Te'o's girlfriend, and he said that it was indeed him on the phone with Te'o, thanks to his ability to affect a feminine voice.
"Here's a young man that fell deeply, romantically, in love," McGraw told the Today show.
Watch the Today show report below.
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang 4 min 21 sec ago
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? 17 min 27 sec ago
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested 57 min 36 sec ago
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' 1 hour 58 min ago
- Politics Michigan's First Out Federal Judge Confirmed 2 hours 57 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' 4:25 PM
- Women This is the Meryl Streep/Hillary Clinton Selfie You Need In Your Life Right Now! 3:14 PM