Top 10 News Stories of 2012
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 26 2012 5:00 AM ET
6. North Carolina Pastors in a Panic
With interfaith coalitions that support marriage equality sprouting up around the country, antigay conservative Christians went on the defensive. North Carolina pastor Sean Harris said parents should “punch” and “crack” the “limp wrists” of children who exhibit gender-variant behavior. Later, a video that went viral captured another minister in the state, Charles Worley, giving a sermon suggesting that all LGBTs be sequestered behind an internment-style electric fence until we die off.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback