Top 10 News Stories of 2012
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 26 2012 5:00 AM ET
6. North Carolina Pastors in a Panic
With interfaith coalitions that support marriage equality sprouting up around the country, antigay conservative Christians went on the defensive. North Carolina pastor Sean Harris said parents should “punch” and “crack” the “limp wrists” of children who exhibit gender-variant behavior. Later, a video that went viral captured another minister in the state, Charles Worley, giving a sermon suggesting that all LGBTs be sequestered behind an internment-style electric fence until we die off.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper 30 min 11 sec ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 1 hour 15 min ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 2 hours 26 min ago
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 2 hours 28 min ago
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 6:09 PM
- Travel Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples 5:07 PM