Top 10 News Stories of 2012
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 26 2012 5:00 AM ET
6. North Carolina Pastors in a Panic
With interfaith coalitions that support marriage equality sprouting up around the country, antigay conservative Christians went on the defensive. North Carolina pastor Sean Harris said parents should “punch” and “crack” the “limp wrists” of children who exhibit gender-variant behavior. Later, a video that went viral captured another minister in the state, Charles Worley, giving a sermon suggesting that all LGBTs be sequestered behind an internment-style electric fence until we die off.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- Santorum Campaign Low on Funds, Losing Staffers
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer