WATCH: Zach Wahls Debates Father of Scout Opposed to Ending Gay Ban
BY Neal Broverman
February 04 2013 8:38 PM ET
Edward Whelan, the president of the Ethics and Public Policy Center and author of an incendiary New York Post op-ed that suggested gay Boy Scout leaders would molest their charges, debated former Eagle Scout Zach Wahls on CNN.
Whelan is also the father of a soon-to-be Eagle Scout; he recently wrote an op-ed for the Post that posited, "Imagine that a group of girls is going on a long camping trip, supervised by adult volunteers who are young men you barely know. Would you let your 15-year-old daughter go?"
On CNN this weekend, Whelan defended the right of the Scouts to allow only people they deem "suitable." Activist Wahls had much to say in response. Watch the video below.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Philadelphia's First LGBT Liaison, Gloria Casarez, Dead at 42
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'