WATCH: Zach Wahls Debates Father of Scout Opposed to Ending Gay Ban
BY Neal Broverman
February 04 2013 8:38 PM ET
Edward Whelan, the president of the Ethics and Public Policy Center and author of an incendiary New York Post op-ed that suggested gay Boy Scout leaders would molest their charges, debated former Eagle Scout Zach Wahls on CNN.
Whelan is also the father of a soon-to-be Eagle Scout; he recently wrote an op-ed for the Post that posited, "Imagine that a group of girls is going on a long camping trip, supervised by adult volunteers who are young men you barely know. Would you let your 15-year-old daughter go?"
On CNN this weekend, Whelan defended the right of the Scouts to allow only people they deem "suitable." Activist Wahls had much to say in response. Watch the video below.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- PHOTOS: Are You Ready for the World's First Gay Mormon Superhero?