PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
BY Nicholas Cimarusti
December 10 2013 7:30 AM ET
Adam Shankman, producer and director
"I look up to Jane Lynch because she stands by what she says, she shows up for everything that you ask her to, she is always on the right side of history," said Adam Shankman, after sharing a photograph with longtime friend and fellow Buffy the Vampire Slayer alum Sarah Michelle Gellar. "She knows how to make fun of herself but to use her platform to say everything right about being a leader."
Becca Tobin and Jacob Artist of Glee
On the necessity of the Trevor Project, Jacob Artist said, "There's always somebody to talk to. I think that's the biggest thing, is reaching out and finding those people that will show you the love and support that kids need."
Alex Newell of Glee
"I looked up to, as a kid, so many different people," said Alex Newell, who also credits his mom as a huge childhood inspiration. "I really look up to Patti LaBelle. I loved how she carried herself, for some strange reason. I still think she's amazing. She's got a new attitude and I love it."
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Op-ed: In Defense of Jared Leto
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis March 11 2014 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 March 11 2014 5:55 PM