PHOTOS: Something Philanthropic to Look at While You Wait for the Supreme Court
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 25 2013 6:30 PM ET
Broadway Bares 23: United Strips of America, a randy road trip of modern-day burlesque featuring 220 of New York's sexiest dancers, raised an all-time record on Sunday to benefit Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
The 23rd edition of the consistently sold-out annual show hit $1,430,241 by celebrating America's fruited plains and mountains majesties with a host of spectacular stripteases. As more than 6,000 people packed Roseland Ballroom for two performances on June 23, they discovered and uncovered beach babes in California, a sexy Chicago speakeasy, sassy sister wives and a nearly naked groom in Utah, a sensual under sea adventure in Maine, rowdy cheerleaders riding stripped-down Texas cowboys, and more.
With this year's record total, the 23 editions of Broadway Bares have now raised more than $11.3 million for Broadway Cares.
This year's edition of Broadway Bares was directed by Nick Kenkel (Catch Me If You Can, Peepshow, Legally Blonde). Broadway Bares was created by Tony Award-winning director and choreographer Jerry Mitchell (Kinky Boots) who serves as executive producer. It was produced by Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS led by Producing Director Michael Graziano. BroadwayBares.com
Click through for some Broadway Bares photos,
and remember — it's for charity!
- Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview
- Hot Sheet: A New Quiver
- Boston: Major Beer Sponsor Pulls Out of St. Pat's Parade
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds 1 hour 18 min ago
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia 2 hours 47 min ago
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men 2:52 PM
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant 11:57 AM
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 4:00 AM