Queer folks return with new Showtime series
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 10 2001 12:00 AM ET
Queer as Folk executive producers Ron Cowen and Daniel Lipman have received a 20-episode commitment from Showtime for their new series, Leap Years, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The new series centers on a group of friends who are seen at intervals through the course of their lives. Cowen and Lipman created the show and wrote the pilot, which will be directed by Martha Coolidge. Joining the two as executive producers of the new series are Tony Jonas (also an exec producer of Queer) and Charles Rosin (Dawsons Creek).
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Holding Out for a Gay Hero
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'