Author of All She Wanted to star in USA Network reality show
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 17 2001 1:00 AM ET
Aphrodite Jones, author of the book All She Wantedthe story of the cross-dressing youth Brandon Teena, who passed into popular culture as the subject of the 1999 film Boys Dont Crywill provide the basis for a reality show commissioned by cables USA Network. Variety reports that the show, appropriately titled Aphrodite Jones, will follow the true-crime author and a team of experts as they attempt to solve real cases. The senior VP of reality specials and programming at the network, Chris Sloan, has made clear his intent for the show to become a series. He aims to produce a grittier, less-edited version than others of the genre. In the pilot they hit a couple of wrong apartments before finding the right one. A lot of shows would burn that footage. To me, thats as dramatic as success, Sloan declares. The show will initially air as an hourlong prime-time summer special.
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- BREAKING: How About a President Santorum?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Op-ed: Embracing the Role of Asian Mother to a Trans Son