A Glimpse of Hell a taste of ratings heaven for FX
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 21 2001 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that the cable network FX drew its highest level of households and viewers for the airing of its original motion picture A Glimpse of Hell. The movie was based on an incident that occurred aboard the USS Iowa when an explosion killed 47 sailors in 1989. Initial response from the Navy at the time intimated that the event was the result of a homosexual crush by one of the sailors, though this charge was later disproved. The film starred James Caan and featured Robert Sean Leonard and Daniel Roebuck.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival