A Glimpse of Hell a taste of ratings heaven for FX
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 21 2001 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that the cable network FX drew its highest level of households and viewers for the airing of its original motion picture A Glimpse of Hell. The movie was based on an incident that occurred aboard the USS Iowa when an explosion killed 47 sailors in 1989. Initial response from the Navy at the time intimated that the event was the result of a homosexual crush by one of the sailors, though this charge was later disproved. The film starred James Caan and featured Robert Sean Leonard and Daniel Roebuck.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad