Boyzone calling it quits
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 30 2001 1:00 AM ET
The popular Irish group Boyzonenotable not only for being a chart mainstay in the late 90s but also for the courage of member Stephen Gately, who came out while the group was at the peak of its popularityis splitting up, according to British newspaper The Sun. The group actually was dissolved 18 months ago in order that the members might pursue solo careers, but it was always believed that the group would get back together once the individual projects had been completed. This has not proved to be the case. Group member Ronan Keating, who has met with the most success as a solo performer, apparently has little interest in returning to the band. Another member, Mikey Graham, intimated that he could vaguely see a time when the band might reunite but stated, It would have to be a different Boyzone for me. Im not going to go back prancing around the stagethat kid stuff, you know.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Groban Sings "Over The Rainbow"
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- The World's Most Famous Trans Model Sits Down With Vogue
- Speak Now: Prop. 8 Decision Will Pave Way for National Marriage Victory