Apparently not Jerrys girls
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 01 2001 12:00 AM ET
Jerry Seinfeld went out to test new material and found himself at the Gotham Comedy Club. New York magazine reports that also appearing there that evening were eight lesbian comics performing for the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association. The emcee introduced him as a great supporter of our community but a spectator there admitted it was awkward. Seinfeld pressed on, doing a full five minutes on marriage which left the crowd understandably frustrated. Finally, a heckler reminded him, We cant get married, you know.
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- Op-ed: How The Way He Looks Will Open Your Eyes