Kissing Jessica Stein takes IFP/West Los Angeles Film Festival award
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 01 2001 12:00 AM ET
The Independent Feature Project/West Los Angeles Film Festival has given the Audience Award for Best Feature Film to the lesbian romantic comedy Kissing Jessica Stein. The film is a spirited look at a woman who pursues her first same-sex relationship through the personal ads. The films Heather Juergensen and Jennifer Westfeldt were given a Special Jury Award for Writing and Acting by the Critics Jury. Kissing Jessica Stein was directed by Charles Herman-Wurmfeld. The Los Angeles Film Festival was launched in 1995 as a means of uniting the independent filmmaking community.
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- WATCH: Gay Dream Team of Michael Urie, Randy Harrison in Such Good People
- Fateful Typo Discovered in Ky Peterson's Sentencing
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House