Michael Barrymore may be investigated in drowning accident
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 05 2001 12:00 AM ET
Popular British family entertainer and comedian Michael Barrymore, who came out as gay in 1995 after a 19-year marriage and two children, may be investigated in connection with the drowning death of a 31-year-old factory worker in Barrymores swimming pool after a party on March 30. The [London] Mirror reports that Barrymore, 49, was already having a troubled time of it since his 18-month relationship with stockbroker Shaun Davis, 24, had dissolved the month before due in part to Barrymores constant partying. Barrymore and Davis had a wedding ceremony in Hawaii and were even considering adopting a child at the time of Daviss departure. The victim, Stuart Lubbock, was found to have suffered sexual injuries in addition to having ingested alcohol, cocaine, and ecstacy before the accident. Friends of Barrymore claim that when the performer is able, he intends to get out of the rat race and live somewhere where hell never be recognized or noticed, most likely Tenerife.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet