Sean Hayes not worried about typecasting
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 29 2001 11:00 PM ET
Sean Hayes, who has made his name playing decidedly gay characters in Will & Grace and Billys Hollywood Screen Kiss, says in an interview with TVGuide.com that as an actor, I dont want to play a gay guy the rest of my life. It makes me very driven to do other things. His most recent project is providing the voice for the cat Mr. Tinkles in the film Cats & Dogs, a character he based on a frustrated Shakespearean actor who never got to the stage. Hayes does not feel that this penchant for affected characters, however, will pigeonhole him as a performer. It was [a fear of mine] at the beginning, and I think its gone away because I know what Im capable of. He is apparently trying to choose projects that will broaden his range, explaining, I could have been in Dude, Wheres My Car? I really was offered a part in that. I couldve done a lot of things. But Id like to do smarter things than that. Cats & Dogs opens July 4.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model