Sean Hayes not worried about typecasting
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 30 2001 12:00 AM ET
Sean Hayes, who has made his name playing decidedly gay characters in Will & Grace and Billys Hollywood Screen Kiss, says in an interview with TVGuide.com that as an actor, I dont want to play a gay guy the rest of my life. It makes me very driven to do other things. His most recent project is providing the voice for the cat Mr. Tinkles in the film Cats & Dogs, a character he based on a frustrated Shakespearean actor who never got to the stage. Hayes does not feel that this penchant for affected characters, however, will pigeonhole him as a performer. It was [a fear of mine] at the beginning, and I think its gone away because I know what Im capable of. He is apparently trying to choose projects that will broaden his range, explaining, I could have been in Dude, Wheres My Car? I really was offered a part in that. I couldve done a lot of things. But Id like to do smarter things than that. Cats & Dogs opens July 4.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- PHOTOS: New Yorkers Combat Violence With Protest
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader 1 hour 42 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? 1 hour 46 min ago
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! 8:29 PM
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. 8:25 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' 8:03 PM
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude 8:00 PM
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 6:34 PM