Absolut Chalk takes place in Pasadena July 78
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 06 2001 11:00 PM ET
Absolut Chalk, the worlds largest street-painting festival, will take place July 78 on the pavements of Pasadena, Calif. Featured among the more than 500 madonnari, or street painters, will be gay and lesbian artist representative Nigel Zeld. In addition to the individual artists creations, there will be an attempt to set the world record for the largest collaborative effort in temporary art with the creation of the piece Unity Through Diversity. The event is to benefit Light Bringer Project, a nonprofit arts organization serving Pasadena and Los Angeles. The festival site, at 100 N. Garfield Ave. near Pasadenas Old Town shopping district, will include a farmers market, and a variety of food and music will be available. The event takes place from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day. For further information, call (626) 440-7379 or visit www.AbsolutChalk.com.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'