Donatella fails to make initial splash at Splash
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 11 2001 12:00 AM ET
According to the New York Post, Donatella Versace, sister of slain gay designer Gianni Versace, was on the town in New York with Madonnas out brother Christopher Ciccone when they decided to stop by the wet boy-themed club Splash in the Chelsea neighborhood. The doorman refused to let her in, claiming that it was because of her open-toed shoes. When informed of the problem at the door, the manager of the club promptly came out and slapped the doorman, fuming, You idiot! Thats Donatella Versace! Let her in!
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: Janet Mock Gives Oprah 'Ah-Ha' Moments About Gender
- WATCH: Nebraska Woman Is Suing All 'Homosexuals' on Behalf of God