Donatella fails to make initial splash at Splash
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 11 2001 12:00 AM ET
According to the New York Post, Donatella Versace, sister of slain gay designer Gianni Versace, was on the town in New York with Madonnas out brother Christopher Ciccone when they decided to stop by the wet boy-themed club Splash in the Chelsea neighborhood. The doorman refused to let her in, claiming that it was because of her open-toed shoes. When informed of the problem at the door, the manager of the club promptly came out and slapped the doorman, fuming, You idiot! Thats Donatella Versace! Let her in!
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad