Strand Releasing launches online video-on-demand service with gay-themed drama World and Time Enough
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 08 2001 12:00 AM ET
Independent distributor Strand Releasing has licensed the DivX open video system--which provides full-screen video over the Internet--to sell a download of the acclaimed 1995 gay-themed drama World and Time Enough, which will be the first feature film available using the DivX system. Customers with high-speed Internet connections will be able to purchase a five-day rental of the film for $4.95 at www.strandreleasing.com--once the film has been downloaded, viewers can watch the film on-demand for the next five days. Written and directed by Eric Mueller, World and Time Enough won the Audience Award at the 1994 San Francisco International Lesbian and Gay Film Festival.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word