Clive Barker sells film rights to action figures
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 13 2001 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Universal Pictures has set a mid six-figure deal with out horror writer Clive Barker and Spawn creator Todd McFarlane for the film rights to "Clive Barker's Tortured Souls--Animae Damnatae," a line of action figures released by McFarlane Toys. The Tortured Souls figures went on sale in July and promptly sold out. The six characters--Talisac, Lucidique, Scythe-Meister, Agonistes, Mongroid, and Venal Anatomica--were each sold with a chapter of an original story by Barker; the chapters of the complete set form a novella that will be the basis for the treatment that Barker is writing. Universal will pay the two creators a total of more than $2 million if the project goes into production.
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular 2 hours 27 min ago
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 5:38 PM