Clive Barker sells film rights to action figures
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 13 2001 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Universal Pictures has set a mid six-figure deal with out horror writer Clive Barker and Spawn creator Todd McFarlane for the film rights to "Clive Barker's Tortured Souls--Animae Damnatae," a line of action figures released by McFarlane Toys. The Tortured Souls figures went on sale in July and promptly sold out. The six characters--Talisac, Lucidique, Scythe-Meister, Agonistes, Mongroid, and Venal Anatomica--were each sold with a chapter of an original story by Barker; the chapters of the complete set form a novella that will be the basis for the treatment that Barker is writing. Universal will pay the two creators a total of more than $2 million if the project goes into production.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples