Mick and Elton dish Madonna in documentary
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 22 2001 12:00 AM ET
Leaving aside those persistent bi rumors, Mick Jagger can dish in the best gay tradition, suggests The Hollywood Reporter. In Being Mick, a documentary set to air Monday, November 26, at 10 p.m. Eastern on ABC, the rock legend plays with his kids, records tracks for his new solo album, and visits the set of Enigma, the upcoming World War II feature he produced. (In a move not likely to endear the film to gay audiences, Enigma credits a fictional but heterosexual romantic hero with cracking the Germans' fearsome Enigma code--and relegates Alan Turing, the gay genius who actually broke the code, to an unnamed extra with a stutter.) Gay fans should get a kick out of one scene in the Jagger doc, however. The true highlight, notes the Reporter, "comes when Jagger and Elton John critique a Madonna concert. Wait till she hears that."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View