Mick and Elton dish Madonna in documentary
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 22 2001 12:00 AM ET
Leaving aside those persistent bi rumors, Mick Jagger can dish in the best gay tradition, suggests The Hollywood Reporter. In Being Mick, a documentary set to air Monday, November 26, at 10 p.m. Eastern on ABC, the rock legend plays with his kids, records tracks for his new solo album, and visits the set of Enigma, the upcoming World War II feature he produced. (In a move not likely to endear the film to gay audiences, Enigma credits a fictional but heterosexual romantic hero with cracking the Germans' fearsome Enigma code--and relegates Alan Turing, the gay genius who actually broke the code, to an unnamed extra with a stutter.) Gay fans should get a kick out of one scene in the Jagger doc, however. The true highlight, notes the Reporter, "comes when Jagger and Elton John critique a Madonna concert. Wait till she hears that."
- Op-Ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- IOC Head Warns Athletes Against Protesting in Sochi
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 34 sec ago
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 57 min 40 sec ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 1 hour 12 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 1 hour 30 min ago
- Women Pussy Riot To Be Freed 1 hour 43 min ago
- Commentary Op-Ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful 2 hours 12 min ago
- Health New Campaign Inspires LGBT Americans to Take Advantage of Obamacare 3:58 PM