Gay parenting special scores big ratings for Nickelodeon
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2002 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that while Nickelodeon's special on gay parenting may have drawn criticism from conservative religious groups, the controversy didn't hurt the show's ratings. The Nick News special "My Family Is Different," which aired Tuesday, drew 976,000 adults 18-49, the highest-ever ratings in that demographic for the network's news specials. Among viewers aged 12-17, 145,000 tuned in, ratings topped only by a 1999 program on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and a 1997 show on kids with disabilities.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'