Gay parenting special scores big ratings for Nickelodeon
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that while Nickelodeon's special on gay parenting may have drawn criticism from conservative religious groups, the controversy didn't hurt the show's ratings. The Nick News special "My Family Is Different," which aired Tuesday, drew 976,000 adults 18-49, the highest-ever ratings in that demographic for the network's news specials. Among viewers aged 12-17, 145,000 tuned in, ratings topped only by a 1999 program on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and a 1997 show on kids with disabilities.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Op-ed: The White Party and Gay Culture Need More Color
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview