Canadians gather grasshoppers for Elton John tickets
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 30 2002 12:00 AM ET
Reuters reports that a radio station in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, held a contest offering two tickets to a sold-out Elton John concert to whoever could collect the most grasshoppers. Brandy Elliott won the promotion by delivering 38,000 of the insects. "All I kept thinking is, Is this enough?" said Elliott on Wednesday. "I knew I was grossed out, and, honestly, every night [when] I went to bed, all I could dream about was grasshoppers--just bags and bags of grasshoppers." Buzz Elliott, the morning DJ and music director for radio station Z99, said, "You can't walk through a park without being pelted by [grasshoppers], basically. We just thought we'd have some fun with it." John will perform Friday to an audience of about 13,000 in Saskatoon.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- PHOTOS: A Global Pride Explosion
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet