Will Young to perform on final American Idol episodes
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 04 2002 12:00 AM ET
Top-rated talent show American Idol will have a visitor on its last two episodes--Will Young, the out singer who won the show's British counterpart, Pop Idol. The [London] Sun reports that Young will perform on Tuesday's show, the episode in which finalists Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini will have their final chance to sing for the viewing audience's votes, and then again on Wednesday, when the American Idol winner will be announced.
The winner of American Idol will, like Young, get a global management deal with Simon Fuller's 19 Entertainment as well as a record deal with BMG. Young's first single in the United Kingdom, "Anything Is Possible/Evergreen," set a record for first-week sales.
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- WATCH: The Weirdest Antigay Marriage Arguments Before the Supreme Court
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'