Will Young to perform on final American Idol episodes
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 04 2002 12:00 AM ET
Top-rated talent show American Idol will have a visitor on its last two episodes--Will Young, the out singer who won the show's British counterpart, Pop Idol. The [London] Sun reports that Young will perform on Tuesday's show, the episode in which finalists Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini will have their final chance to sing for the viewing audience's votes, and then again on Wednesday, when the American Idol winner will be announced.
The winner of American Idol will, like Young, get a global management deal with Simon Fuller's 19 Entertainment as well as a record deal with BMG. Young's first single in the United Kingdom, "Anything Is Possible/Evergreen," set a record for first-week sales.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Karl Lagerfeld's Cat Has A Better Life Than You 25 min 58 sec ago
- Health News AIDS Deaths Plummet In Africa 28 min 54 sec ago
- Military PHOTOS: Shirtless, Sweaty Naval Academy Freshman Climb Greased Obelisk 39 min 22 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Amy Schumer and Amber Tamblyn Watch Porn and Make Out 52 min ago
- Art When Shel Silverstein Covered Fire Island for Playboy 1 hour 36 sec ago
- Entertainment News Filmmaker Needs Help to Penetrate the South 1 hour 42 min ago
- Commentary NYC Hate Crimes: Why I'm Afraid for First Time in My Life 2 hours 10 sec ago