Rosie sued over Rosie
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 02 2002 12:00 AM ET
E! Online reports that Rosie O'Donnell was hit with a $100 million lawsuit Tuesday for shutting down her eponymous magazine. In its suit, Gruner + Jahr USA Publishing accuses O'Donnell of breach of contract and of publicly bad-mouthing the magazine. Gruner + Jahr says the $100 million represents the least of what the magazine's demise will cost--a demise that the publisher lays squarely at Rosie's feet. "Rosie will fight this," says her publicist, Cindi Berger. "Her name and integrity are at stake. She is countersuing." No trial date has yet been scheduled.
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men?
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Interception: Clemson Football Coach Withdraws From Antigay Fundraiser
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups
- Tenn. Pastor Accused of Gay Tryst Now Charged With Lifting From Church