Strand may capture Party Monster
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 28 2003 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that Strand Releasing has picked up U.S. theatrical rights to Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato's Party Monster. A narrative remake of the filmmaking duo's documentary of the same name, Monster documents the fabulous rise of A-list club kid Michael Alig (played by Macaulay Culkin) and his eventual brutal killing of his longtime drug dealer. The film also stars Seth Green, Chloë Sevigny, Natasha Lyonne, and Marilyn Manson, and was produced by Killer Films and ContentFilm. "This is a wonderful home for this movie," said ContentFilm president John Schmidt. "The guys at Strand know all the players involved, and the marketplace for this film is right up their alley."
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime
- PHOTOS: Jesus Days
- Is Winnie the Pooh Transgender or Intersex?
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died