Strand may capture Party Monster
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 28 2003 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that Strand Releasing has picked up U.S. theatrical rights to Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato's Party Monster. A narrative remake of the filmmaking duo's documentary of the same name, Monster documents the fabulous rise of A-list club kid Michael Alig (played by Macaulay Culkin) and his eventual brutal killing of his longtime drug dealer. The film also stars Seth Green, Chloë Sevigny, Natasha Lyonne, and Marilyn Manson, and was produced by Killer Films and ContentFilm. "This is a wonderful home for this movie," said ContentFilm president John Schmidt. "The guys at Strand know all the players involved, and the marketplace for this film is right up their alley."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'