Strand may capture Party Monster
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 29 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Strand Releasing has picked up U.S. theatrical rights to Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato's Party Monster. A narrative remake of the filmmaking duo's documentary of the same name, Monster documents the fabulous rise of A-list club kid Michael Alig (played by Macaulay Culkin) and his eventual brutal killing of his longtime drug dealer. The film also stars Seth Green, Chloë Sevigny, Natasha Lyonne, and Marilyn Manson, and was produced by Killer Films and ContentFilm. "This is a wonderful home for this movie," said ContentFilm president John Schmidt. "The guys at Strand know all the players involved, and the marketplace for this film is right up their alley."
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'