Strand may capture Party Monster
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 29 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Strand Releasing has picked up U.S. theatrical rights to Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato's Party Monster. A narrative remake of the filmmaking duo's documentary of the same name, Monster documents the fabulous rise of A-list club kid Michael Alig (played by Macaulay Culkin) and his eventual brutal killing of his longtime drug dealer. The film also stars Seth Green, Chloë Sevigny, Natasha Lyonne, and Marilyn Manson, and was produced by Killer Films and ContentFilm. "This is a wonderful home for this movie," said ContentFilm president John Schmidt. "The guys at Strand know all the players involved, and the marketplace for this film is right up their alley."
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'