Clive Barker to form Midnight Picture Show
May 26 2005 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that gay horror master Clive Barker is teaming with producer Jorge Saralegui to form a new venture called Midnight Picture Show, which intends to produce two horror films per year. Most of its productions will be based on short stories from Barker's six-volume The Books of Blood series or on his original ideas. Among Barker's many upcoming film projects: The Midnight Meat Train, based on a Barker story, which begins shooting in the fall and which will be distributed by Lions Gate Films; The Plague, a horror film produced by Barker and Saralegui that will shoot this summer; Age of Desire, based on a Barker story; and Pig Blood Blues (from the Barker story) and New York Resurrection (based on an idea by Barker), which Barker and Saralegui hope to get before the cameras in 2006.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- WATCH: Nebraska Woman Is Suing All 'Homosexuals' on Behalf of God
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: Janet Mock Gives Oprah 'Ah-Ha' Moments About Gender