Clive Barker to form Midnight Picture Show
May 26 2005 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that gay horror master Clive Barker is teaming with producer Jorge Saralegui to form a new venture called Midnight Picture Show, which intends to produce two horror films per year. Most of its productions will be based on short stories from Barker's six-volume The Books of Blood series or on his original ideas. Among Barker's many upcoming film projects: The Midnight Meat Train, based on a Barker story, which begins shooting in the fall and which will be distributed by Lions Gate Films; The Plague, a horror film produced by Barker and Saralegui that will shoot this summer; Age of Desire, based on a Barker story; and Pig Blood Blues (from the Barker story) and New York Resurrection (based on an idea by Barker), which Barker and Saralegui hope to get before the cameras in 2006.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Lesbian Couple Allegedly Beaten After Kissing Outside Six Flags in Mass.