WATCH: Jesse Tyler Ferguson Receives B-Day Surprise from Gay Boston Choir
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 25 2012 1:29 PM ET
On Monday, Jesse Tyler Ferguson celebrated an unexpectedly musical birthday during a speaking engagement at Boston’s Wilbur Theatre. Modern Family costar Eric Stonestreet, who plays his partner, Cam, on the show, surprised Ferguson onstage by unveiling the Boston Gay Men’s Chorus.
After singing “Happy Birthday,” the 85-member ensemble gave a choreographed performance of Katy Perry’s “Firework.” Fans laughed and cheered as the astonished Ferguson, who had just turned 47, grabbed a colorful streamer and joined the production.
“I have never been so surprised in my entire life,” said Ferguson after the sparkling performance. “You sound unbelievable.”
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship