WATCH: Jesse Tyler Ferguson Receives B-Day Surprise from Gay Boston Choir
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 25 2012 1:29 PM ET
On Monday, Jesse Tyler Ferguson celebrated an unexpectedly musical birthday during a speaking engagement at Boston’s Wilbur Theatre. Modern Family costar Eric Stonestreet, who plays his partner, Cam, on the show, surprised Ferguson onstage by unveiling the Boston Gay Men’s Chorus.
After singing “Happy Birthday,” the 85-member ensemble gave a choreographed performance of Katy Perry’s “Firework.” Fans laughed and cheered as the astonished Ferguson, who had just turned 47, grabbed a colorful streamer and joined the production.
“I have never been so surprised in my entire life,” said Ferguson after the sparkling performance. “You sound unbelievable.”
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone