WATCH: Jesse Tyler Ferguson Receives B-Day Surprise from Gay Boston Choir
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 25 2012 1:29 PM ET
On Monday, Jesse Tyler Ferguson celebrated an unexpectedly musical birthday during a speaking engagement at Boston’s Wilbur Theatre. Modern Family costar Eric Stonestreet, who plays his partner, Cam, on the show, surprised Ferguson onstage by unveiling the Boston Gay Men’s Chorus.
After singing “Happy Birthday,” the 85-member ensemble gave a choreographed performance of Katy Perry’s “Firework.” Fans laughed and cheered as the astonished Ferguson, who had just turned 47, grabbed a colorful streamer and joined the production.
“I have never been so surprised in my entire life,” said Ferguson after the sparkling performance. “You sound unbelievable.”
- Television Bette Midler to Play Mae West in HBO Biopic 2 hours 17 min ago
- Marriage Equality ACLU Launches My Big Gay (Il)legal Wedding Contest 2 hours 50 min ago
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 8:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 7:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 6:30 AM
- Music WATCH: The Best (or Not So Best) of LGBT Holiday Choirs 5:00 AM