WATCH: Jesse Tyler Ferguson Receives B-Day Surprise from Gay Boston Choir
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 25 2012 2:29 PM ET
On Monday, Jesse Tyler Ferguson celebrated an unexpectedly musical birthday during a speaking engagement at Boston’s Wilbur Theatre. Modern Family costar Eric Stonestreet, who plays his partner, Cam, on the show, surprised Ferguson onstage by unveiling the Boston Gay Men’s Chorus.
After singing “Happy Birthday,” the 85-member ensemble gave a choreographed performance of Katy Perry’s “Firework.” Fans laughed and cheered as the astonished Ferguson, who had just turned 47, grabbed a colorful streamer and joined the production.
“I have never been so surprised in my entire life,” said Ferguson after the sparkling performance. “You sound unbelievable.”
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad