Will Smith Calls Obama's Support of Marriage Equality 'Brave'
BY Jeremy Kinser
May 15 2012 11:40 AM ET
Actor Will Smith supports President Obama's stance on marriage equality and says it was "brave" of the president to speak out in favor of the issue during an election year.
While in Berlin Monday to promote his new action comedy Men in Black III, the actor stated, “If anybody can find someone to love them and to help them through this difficult thing that we call life, I support that in any shape or form," The Washington Post reports.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- PHOTOS: Best of Pride
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses