Joe Manganiello and Matt Bomer Explain How to Strip
BY Michelle Garcia
June 26 2012 1:22 PM ET
There are four things that you must do to ensure a good strip tease, according to Joe Manganiello and Matt Bomer, who star in the upcoming stripper flick Magic Mike.
Bomer told Access Hollywood that first,you have to commit by taking what you're doing seriously.
"This is not a world you can only commit to 75%," he said. "You are going to look very stupid when the camera’s on you."
Bomer said step 2 is to then tease the audience, while Manganiello said the following step would be engaging in fantasy. "I think male stripping is more involved, it’s more theatrical," he said. "It's a fantasy fulfillment. So, you’re the fireman. You’re coming in through the window, the smoke, there’s the bed, you pick them up."
Then, finally, you have to "stick it."
"You do all of that prancing around, you do all of your little character and story line and then you unleash the monster," Manganiello said.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Op-ed: Male Gays and the Male Gaze
- Ben Carson: Gays Might Find Poison in Wedding Cakes
- A Best-Case, Worst-Case Look at the Supreme Court's Options
- Pope Francis Holds Private Meeting With Transgender Man and Fiancée
- Beloved Minnesota Teacher, GSA Adviser Shot Dead