Joe Manganiello and Matt Bomer Explain How to Strip
BY Michelle Garcia
June 26 2012 2:22 PM ET
There are four things that you must do to ensure a good strip tease, according to Joe Manganiello and Matt Bomer, who star in the upcoming stripper flick Magic Mike.
Bomer told Access Hollywood that first,you have to commit by taking what you're doing seriously.
"This is not a world you can only commit to 75%," he said. "You are going to look very stupid when the camera’s on you."
Bomer said step 2 is to then tease the audience, while Manganiello said the following step would be engaging in fantasy. "I think male stripping is more involved, it’s more theatrical," he said. "It's a fantasy fulfillment. So, you’re the fireman. You’re coming in through the window, the smoke, there’s the bed, you pick them up."
Then, finally, you have to "stick it."
"You do all of that prancing around, you do all of your little character and story line and then you unleash the monster," Manganiello said.
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Gay Issues - Commentary & Op-Eds | The Advocate
- Gay Women - News & Culture for Lesbian, Bisexual, and Trans Women
- This Is How Every Parent Should Respond After Their 13-Year-Old Comes Out
- Hot Sheet: A New Quiver
- Experts Predict: Iran Will Remain Deadly
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 1 hour 44 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 2 hours 43 min ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 March 14 2014 6:41 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages March 14 2014 6:39 PM
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? March 14 2014 5:30 PM