WATCH: Heartthrobs from Glee, Teen Wolf, and Twilight in One Movie
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 13 2012 9:10 PM ET
Twilight's Booboo Stewart, Glee's Harry Shum, Jr., and Teen Wolf's Tyler Posey costar in an emotional family drama White Frog director by veteran filmmaker Quentin Lee.
Stewart stars a teen with Asperger's disorder trying to make sense of the secrets he uncovers after his older brother's tragic death. "it's about how these secrets transform him and also lead him to new friendships," Lee says.
The film, which also costars Joan Chen and B.D. Wong, marks Lee's third film at Outfest, L.A.'s LGBT film festival and he's grateful for the support. "Outfest is important because it gives me an important segment of the audience for the film, which is the LGBT audience we wouldn't get at another festival." Lee also states his intention to incorporate a gay character into every film he makes. "I think it's very important. I came from a political background and it's how I started to make films. It's just part of me."
White Frog will screen July 21 at L.A.'s DGA Theatre. Watch Lee discuss the film below.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out