Gal Gadot Responds to Wonder Woman Criticism
BY Patrick Yacco
December 29 2013 5:00 AM ET
Actress Gal Godot commented on her new role as Wonder Woman for the first time on Israeli entertainment program Good Evening with Gai Pines, according to translations provided by Batman-News.
Godot has received criticism from fans that she is too thin to portray the gay icon in 2015's Batman vs. Superman feature film.
"I represent the Wonder Woman of the new world,” she said. “Breasts...anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. By the way, Wonder Woman is Amazonian, and historically accurate Amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I’d really go 'by the book'...it’d be problematic."
Godot said she learned of the casting news while en route to Los Angeles from Israel. Instead of celebrating, she spent the night alone in a hotel room staring at the ceiling.
Additionally, she revealed her the workout regimen she will begin for the role will include martial arts training to help her "gain body mass."
Batman vs. Superman is currently scheduled for release on July 17, 2015.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community