Katherine Heigl's Bride? Alexis Bledel in Lesbian Indie Film
BY Michelle Garcia
February 14 2014 6:06 PM ET
Katherine Heigl is getting hitched to Alexis Bledel.
Bledel, of Gilmore Girls and Mad Men fame, was announced as Heigl's love interest in the upcoming indie film, Jenny's Wedding. The film is about Jenny, a lesbian getting married to her partner, despite her conservative upbringing and family.
"This film is about a young woman's journey to live the life that is right for her and live it proudly," Heigl said Friday. "It is a project that I'm so passionate about and grateful to be a part of."
The movie, by filmmakers Mary Agnes Donoghue, Michelle Manning and Gail Levin, also stars Tom Wilkinson, Linda Emond, and Grace Gummer.
The producers are still raising funds for the film through Indiegogo, to finish production costs including music, titles, color, and sound. All donations to the campaign are tax-deductible, with a portion of the proceeds going to PFLAG Cleveland.
- WATCH: Texas Airline Crowd Tackles Antigay Attacker
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- In The Studio: Artists and Nude Models
- Are These the Most Antigay Governors in America?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: U.S. Marine Now in Filipino Custody After Protests Over Trans Woman's Murder