Katherine Heigl's Bride? Alexis Bledel in Lesbian Indie Film
BY Michelle Garcia
February 14 2014 5:06 PM ET
Katherine Heigl is getting hitched to Alexis Bledel.
Bledel, of Gilmore Girls and Mad Men fame, was announced as Heigl's love interest in the upcoming indie film, Jenny's Wedding. The film is about Jenny, a lesbian getting married to her partner, despite her conservative upbringing and family.
"This film is about a young woman's journey to live the life that is right for her and live it proudly," Heigl said Friday. "It is a project that I'm so passionate about and grateful to be a part of."
The movie, by filmmakers Mary Agnes Donoghue, Michelle Manning and Gail Levin, also stars Tom Wilkinson, Linda Emond, and Grace Gummer.
The producers are still raising funds for the film through Indiegogo, to finish production costs including music, titles, color, and sound. All donations to the campaign are tax-deductible, with a portion of the proceeds going to PFLAG Cleveland.
- Parenting What's in My Dad Bag? 46 min 27 sec ago
- Politics Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First? 1 hour 47 min ago
- Current Issue One Issue Still Bucks The Trend for LGBT Equality 2 hours 46 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: 'License to Discriminate' Bills Will Keep Coming 4:00 AM
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM
- Women WATCH: American Idol's Out Contestant MK Nobilette Does 'Drops of Jupiter' March 06 2014 7:18 PM