Hot Sheet: The Perks of Being Volatile
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 08 2013 3:24 PM ET
10. THEATER: Forever Dusty
You don’t have to say you love Dusty Springfield — we know you do. Forever Dusty, a portrait of the pop legend’s life and music, is in an open-ended run at New York City’s New World Stages, but there’s a special treat for theatergoers Wednesday: a one-night-only sing-along performance, hosted by drag diva Sherry Vine (star of Here TV’s She’s Living for This) and comedian Seth Herzog. So if you long to belt out “Son of a Preacher Man,” “You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me,” “Wishin’ and Hopin’,” and other Dusty hits somewhere other than your shower, here’s your chance — and attendees are even encouraged to dress in their best ’60s-style fashions and Dusty blond beehive wigs! Kirsten Holly Smith stars in the show, which deals with Springfield’s lesbian relationships as well as the many other aspects of her life.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples