Hot Sheet: The Perks of Being Volatile
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 08 2013 3:24 PM ET
10. THEATER: Forever Dusty
You don’t have to say you love Dusty Springfield — we know you do. Forever Dusty, a portrait of the pop legend’s life and music, is in an open-ended run at New York City’s New World Stages, but there’s a special treat for theatergoers Wednesday: a one-night-only sing-along performance, hosted by drag diva Sherry Vine (star of Here TV’s She’s Living for This) and comedian Seth Herzog. So if you long to belt out “Son of a Preacher Man,” “You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me,” “Wishin’ and Hopin’,” and other Dusty hits somewhere other than your shower, here’s your chance — and attendees are even encouraged to dress in their best ’60s-style fashions and Dusty blond beehive wigs! Kirsten Holly Smith stars in the show, which deals with Springfield’s lesbian relationships as well as the many other aspects of her life.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- WATCH: Alan Cumming on Getting 'Whacked' By Shia LaBeouf