Hot Sheet: The Perks of Being Volatile
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 08 2013 3:24 PM ET
10. THEATER: Forever Dusty
You don’t have to say you love Dusty Springfield — we know you do. Forever Dusty, a portrait of the pop legend’s life and music, is in an open-ended run at New York City’s New World Stages, but there’s a special treat for theatergoers Wednesday: a one-night-only sing-along performance, hosted by drag diva Sherry Vine (star of Here TV’s She’s Living for This) and comedian Seth Herzog. So if you long to belt out “Son of a Preacher Man,” “You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me,” “Wishin’ and Hopin’,” and other Dusty hits somewhere other than your shower, here’s your chance — and attendees are even encouraged to dress in their best ’60s-style fashions and Dusty blond beehive wigs! Kirsten Holly Smith stars in the show, which deals with Springfield’s lesbian relationships as well as the many other aspects of her life.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future
- WATCH: S.C. Senator Uses Confederate Flag Debate to Deliver Antigay Rant
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Texas Couple Who Sued for Marriage License Will Now Receive It
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'