Hot Sheet: Mind Control
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 15 2013 7:25 PM ET
8. EVENT: Bede, New York
When Chicagoan Brianna Baker was a child, she was “Bede” a gender neutral kid that marched to the beat of her own Talkboy. In her one-woman show, Bede, Baker paints a comedic picture of life as a biracial non-conforming kid living in small town Illinois, of her family, and of grappling with her own gender expression and self-identity. The PIT Mainstage in New York City, Feb. 19 and Feb. 26, 7 p.m., $10.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word