Hot Sheet: Waiting for Spartacus
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2013 4:36 PM ET
9.) EVENT: 10 Years After The Primetime Closet, October 28
In a decade, television has gotten better about LGBT characters, but there's still a long way to go. There's nowhere better to discuss the strides and figure out what's next than at the Television Academy of Arts and Sciences (yeah, the people who put together the Emmys — that Academy), in North Hollywood, Calif. A panel discussion includes out Emmy-winner Dan Bucatinsky (Scandal), Laverne Cox (Orange Is the New Black), Amber Tamblyn, (Two and a Half Men), and Paul Colichman, the CEO of The Advocate's parent company, Here Media. Emmys.com — Michelle Garcia
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers