WATCH: Same-Sex Marriage Would Be Legal If Adam Levine Were President
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 02 2012 1:53 PM ET
Adam Levine says the first thing he'd do if he were president for one day is legalize same-sex marriage.
During an interview to promote their irresistible new album Overexposed, Levine and Maroon 5 guitarist James Valentine are queried on what would be on their agenda if they were president for a single day. "First I'd make gay marriage legal because that's just archaic and ridiculous," Levine says immediately.
Levine, who will make his acting debut in Ryan Murphy's American Horror Story this fall, is a longtime equality advocate, who in 2010 recorded a video for the It Gets Better campaign to help prevent LGBT teen suicide.
Watch the two men answer the question below.
Get More: MTV Shows
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died