WATCH: Same-Sex Marriage Would Be Legal If Adam Levine Were President
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 02 2012 2:53 PM ET
Adam Levine says the first thing he'd do if he were president for one day is legalize same-sex marriage.
During an interview to promote their irresistible new album Overexposed, Levine and Maroon 5 guitarist James Valentine are queried on what would be on their agenda if they were president for a single day. "First I'd make gay marriage legal because that's just archaic and ridiculous," Levine says immediately.
Levine, who will make his acting debut in Ryan Murphy's American Horror Story this fall, is a longtime equality advocate, who in 2010 recorded a video for the It Gets Better campaign to help prevent LGBT teen suicide.
Watch the two men answer the question below.
Get More: MTV Shows
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert is a Lesbian Stereotype in Flannel and Birkenstocks 45 min 39 sec ago
- Women Lena Dunham Is NOT Amused By Lesbian Porn Parody of Girls 1 hour 27 min ago
- Music Gay Singer-Songwriter Deals with Heartbreak 1 hour 29 min ago
- Politics Obama Nominates Lesbian Attorney for Second EEOC Term 1 hour 29 min ago
- Theater New Play Criticizes Gay Minstrel Roles 1 hour 38 min ago
- Women Shot of the Day: WildFang's Tomboy Line Channels Androgynous Icons 1 hour 48 min ago
- Women WATCH: Real Lesbians Watch and Break Down 'Lesbian' Porn 1 hour 58 min ago