WATCH: Same-Sex Marriage Would Be Legal If Adam Levine Were President
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 02 2012 2:53 PM ET
Adam Levine says the first thing he'd do if he were president for one day is legalize same-sex marriage.
During an interview to promote their irresistible new album Overexposed, Levine and Maroon 5 guitarist James Valentine are queried on what would be on their agenda if they were president for a single day. "First I'd make gay marriage legal because that's just archaic and ridiculous," Levine says immediately.
Levine, who will make his acting debut in Ryan Murphy's American Horror Story this fall, is a longtime equality advocate, who in 2010 recorded a video for the It Gets Better campaign to help prevent LGBT teen suicide.
Watch the two men answer the question below.
Get More: MTV Shows
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- WATCH: Violet Chachki & Alaska Get Ratchet in Team Heartbreak's 'Do It Like Miley'
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'