Gift Suggestions for Very Special Mothers
BY Christopher Harrity
May 10 2012 1:40 PM ET
To Cher, from Chaz Bono
What's the most flattering gift a young man can purchase for his bigger-than-life mother? A gift of the spirit.
As Cher said in her Architectural Digest interview a few years back, "I am a Buddhist — who should always be in after-school detention."
She is also a big Pema Chödrön fan. So instead of a giant silver Chrome Hearts Buddha or a custom Pratesi Zafu and Zabuton, flatter her intelligence with this great recent CD collection: Awakening Love: Teachings and Practices to Cultivate a Limitless Heart by Pema Chödrön. It's eight CDs (nine hours, eight minutes), $69.95 (and be sure to make a copy for your iPod).
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM