Gift Suggestions for Very Special Mothers
BY Christopher Harrity
May 10 2012 1:40 PM ET
To Cher, from Chaz Bono
What's the most flattering gift a young man can purchase for his bigger-than-life mother? A gift of the spirit.
As Cher said in her Architectural Digest interview a few years back, "I am a Buddhist — who should always be in after-school detention."
She is also a big Pema Chödrön fan. So instead of a giant silver Chrome Hearts Buddha or a custom Pratesi Zafu and Zabuton, flatter her intelligence with this great recent CD collection: Awakening Love: Teachings and Practices to Cultivate a Limitless Heart by Pema Chödrön. It's eight CDs (nine hours, eight minutes), $69.95 (and be sure to make a copy for your iPod).
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Britney Spears Heartfelt Letter to Once Suicidal Gay Fan
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- San Francisco Mourns Death of Legendary Drag Performer