Gift Suggestions for Very Special Mothers
BY Christopher Harrity
May 10 2012 12:40 PM ET
To Cher, from Chaz Bono
What's the most flattering gift a young man can purchase for his bigger-than-life mother? A gift of the spirit.
As Cher said in her Architectural Digest interview a few years back, "I am a Buddhist — who should always be in after-school detention."
She is also a big Pema Chödrön fan. So instead of a giant silver Chrome Hearts Buddha or a custom Pratesi Zafu and Zabuton, flatter her intelligence with this great recent CD collection: Awakening Love: Teachings and Practices to Cultivate a Limitless Heart by Pema Chödrön. It's eight CDs (nine hours, eight minutes), $69.95 (and be sure to make a copy for your iPod).
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 12 min 29 sec ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 14 min 44 sec ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 1 hour 16 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 1 hour 20 min ago
- Books Lambda Literary Awards: Leavitt, Bianchi, Winterson Nominated 1 hour 28 min ago
- Women 19 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Saskia de Brauw 1 hour 44 min ago
- Television Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower 1 hour 46 min ago