Gift Suggestions for Very Special Mothers
BY Christopher Harrity
May 10 2012 1:40 PM ET
To Cher, from Chaz Bono
What's the most flattering gift a young man can purchase for his bigger-than-life mother? A gift of the spirit.
As Cher said in her Architectural Digest interview a few years back, "I am a Buddhist — who should always be in after-school detention."
She is also a big Pema Chödrön fan. So instead of a giant silver Chrome Hearts Buddha or a custom Pratesi Zafu and Zabuton, flatter her intelligence with this great recent CD collection: Awakening Love: Teachings and Practices to Cultivate a Limitless Heart by Pema Chödrön. It's eight CDs (nine hours, eight minutes), $69.95 (and be sure to make a copy for your iPod).
- Religion WATCH: Methodist Church Drops Charges Against Minister 15 min 54 sec ago
- Media WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer' 45 min 58 sec ago
- Travel First Same-Sex Couple to Wed at Roman Baths 1 hour 28 min ago
- Politics S.C. House OKs Cuts to Colleges With LGBT Curricula 1 hour 38 min ago
- Travel Brooklyn-Bound Girls Bus Tour Being Floated 2 hours 5 min ago
- Sports Jason Collins Will Remain With Brooklyn Nets 2 hours 12 min ago
- Theater Adam Shankman to Helm Hair at Hollywood Bowl 2 hours 19 min ago