Gift Suggestions for Very Special Mothers
BY Christopher Harrity
May 10 2012 12:40 PM ET
To Cher, from Chaz Bono
What's the most flattering gift a young man can purchase for his bigger-than-life mother? A gift of the spirit.
As Cher said in her Architectural Digest interview a few years back, "I am a Buddhist — who should always be in after-school detention."
She is also a big Pema Chödrön fan. So instead of a giant silver Chrome Hearts Buddha or a custom Pratesi Zafu and Zabuton, flatter her intelligence with this great recent CD collection: Awakening Love: Teachings and Practices to Cultivate a Limitless Heart by Pema Chödrön. It's eight CDs (nine hours, eight minutes), $69.95 (and be sure to make a copy for your iPod).
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM