Madonna Fans Furious Over Cher's Tweets
BY Lauren Jow
July 13 2012 4:03 PM ET
Divas are always starting trends, even if they don’t mean to.
“Wtf is mdna” began trending worldwide on Twitter after gay icon Cher tweeted the question, according to Gay Star News. Fans explained it was the name of Madonna’s new album “MDNA” and a reference to the popular party drug MDMA, or ecstasy.
Cher followed up with a sarcastic “How tasteful!”
Fans of the Material Girl weren’t pleased. Asked whether she liked Madonna, Cher tweeted, “I Respect her ability ! Shes a genius.”
The Twittersphere continued to press the issue, prompting reconciliatory tweets from the “Believe” singer trying to smooth things out:
“Didnt mean throw shade on Madge! shesBest at a what She Does! Called her Bad word once! Not nice! Ok didnt know Mdna shoot me i liv in cave”
“Doesnt ANY FKNG BODY CUT SLAK 4 FKNG MISTAKES ! It not like I CUT her Heart out with a SPOON!!!! Madge & i are cool ! Thats enough 4 me !”
Cher finally left followers with a promise to sort it all out: “Was trying to find Madge to tell her what bullshit this is, but ill straighten it out tomm !"
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- From Jail, Kim Davis Still Refuses to Issue Marriage Licenses
- Mike Huckabee Urges 'Free Kim Davis'; Others Call Her a Rosa Parks
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks
- The Best (and Worst) Tweets About Kim Davis
- Judge Denies Divorce, Blames Marriage Equality