Comic Eddie Griffin May Be Sued By Lesbians For Assault
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 23 2012 9:05 PM ET
A woman claims she threw a drink in the face of comedian Eddie Griffin after he pumped his crotch in to her face because he realized she's a lesbian and she may sue over the incident, reports TMZ.
Fiona Walshe says she and her partner Leslie were enjoying the comedy show until Griffin noticed and pointed at her. "You're a lesbian," he said. "All you need is a good man ... I'll volunteer my services. You won't be needing any strap-on's or vibrators with me."
She adds, "He started to pump his hips into my face. I felt sexually assaulted and I wanted him to stop — then I threw the drink at him to defend myself." Walshe claims Griffin then jumped onto her table and began pelting her with objects, including a salt and pepper shaker and poured a water bottle on her head.
Walshe's attorney tells TMZ a lawsuit will be filed if Griffin doesn't make amends. "We're seeking an apology from Eddie Griffin and compensation for the public humiliation and emotional distress."
TMZ posted video of the aftermath of the incident, which you can watch below.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House