Celebrities Raise Voices On Point to Benefit LGBTQ Scholars
BY Sunnivie Brydum
September 18 2012 3:53 PM ET
Jenny McCarthy, actress, on what she would have done with a scholarship in her youth:
"When I was that age, I grew up in a really poor community, where my dreams were squashed because of financial situations. So personally, I looked past those belief systems, and was like, No, I can make it, I can figure out how to do it. But to help these kids make their dreams come true without struggling, I mean I did some pretty nasty jobs. One of them, as an example, I cleaned fraternity houses, like with toothbrushes, just to pay for food. I worked hard to try to move ahead, so I'm grateful that these kids don't have to do things like that, and we'll give them a chance to make their dreams come true."
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad