PHOTOS: The Two Worlds of Leon Eldridge
BY Advocate Contributors
September 19 2013 4:00 AM ET
Eldridge has been doing drag for six years. It started when he would attend theme parties, and he says that because he wanted to be the most outrageous person there, he would dress as a woman.
When he first began dressing in drag he would dress in what he calls "gender-fuck" in which he would blur the line between masculinity and femininity.
"You might wear a tuxedo and six-inch heels and a face full of makeup," Eldridge says, "or you might wear a ball gown and makeup but no wig."
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- The Media Pioneers Will Be Gay
- WATCH: Philly Cops Search For Violent Group In Possible Hate Crime Against Gay Couple
- LGBT Groups, Conservatives Outraged As Straight Mates Marry for Rugby Tickets