BY Amita Parashar
July 09 2009 11:00 PM ET
Changing Georgia one gym at a time. I think so. I think so.
Tell me about the show. Drop Dead Diva is kind of a like a Freaky Friday. [The main character] wakes up in a different body. I'm really loving. I love Brooke Elliott, who's the star -- she's such a talent. It's my job to give her an assignment every week.
Is it odd to be playing such a "nice" character? Although I've been acting a long time alongside doing stand-up, I really enjoy taking a brief vacation from what I do normally.
Has Hollywood changed since All-American Girl ? Well, now there are some more Asian people on TV. There's me. And Sandra Oh. So that makes a difference.
Actually, I was really excited about the success of Slumdog Millionaire, just expanding the idea of what Hollywood is. If you look at Bollywood, it's such a huge industry, but it doesn't reach our multiplexes.
How's married life?I love married life. I've been married for a while, but I think getting married really showed me how important it was for this right to be available for gays and lesbians. After I got married, I was just so happy and I realized that was the right thing for me. Having a family was my destiny. We should be allowed to have families as queers. We should be able to have that right. I think it completes us.
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 23 min 1 sec ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 1 hour 22 min ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 1 hour 22 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 1 hour 53 min ago
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 5:00 AM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM