BY Amita Parashar
July 10 2009 12:00 AM ET
Changing Georgia one gym at a time. I think so. I think so.
Tell me about the show. Drop Dead Diva is kind of a like a Freaky Friday. [The main character] wakes up in a different body. I'm really loving. I love Brooke Elliott, who's the star -- she's such a talent. It's my job to give her an assignment every week.
Is it odd to be playing such a "nice" character? Although I've been acting a long time alongside doing stand-up, I really enjoy taking a brief vacation from what I do normally.
Has Hollywood changed since All-American Girl ? Well, now there are some more Asian people on TV. There's me. And Sandra Oh. So that makes a difference.
Actually, I was really excited about the success of Slumdog Millionaire, just expanding the idea of what Hollywood is. If you look at Bollywood, it's such a huge industry, but it doesn't reach our multiplexes.
How's married life?I love married life. I've been married for a while, but I think getting married really showed me how important it was for this right to be available for gays and lesbians. After I got married, I was just so happy and I realized that was the right thing for me. Having a family was my destiny. We should be allowed to have families as queers. We should be able to have that right. I think it completes us.
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel