Ryan Murphy's Gay Family Sitcom Picked Up by NBC
BY Jeremy Kinser
May 08 2012 1:46 PM ET
The series is described as a “heartwarming comedy about a blended family." The Hangover's Justin Bartha and The Book of Mormon's Andrew Rannells will play the young couple and Scottish actress Georgia King has been cast as the woman who helps the two men begin their family. Ellen Barkin will play the surrogate's glamorous grandmother, and Nene Leakes has also been cast in a recurring role. Rannells is currently stealing scenes on HBO's Girls, in which he plays Elijah, the gay ex-boyfriend of Lena Dunham's character, Hannah. The New Normal's pilot was written by Murphy and Adler.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- Cop Who Pushed Don Lemon in Ferguson Retires
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- How Proud Is the Proud Whopper?