Ryan Murphy's Gay Family Sitcom Picked Up by NBC
BY Jeremy Kinser
May 08 2012 1:46 PM ET
The series is described as a “heartwarming comedy about a blended family." The Hangover's Justin Bartha and The Book of Mormon's Andrew Rannells will play the young couple and Scottish actress Georgia King has been cast as the woman who helps the two men begin their family. Ellen Barkin will play the surrogate's glamorous grandmother, and Nene Leakes has also been cast in a recurring role. Rannells is currently stealing scenes on HBO's Girls, in which he plays Elijah, the gay ex-boyfriend of Lena Dunham's character, Hannah. The New Normal's pilot was written by Murphy and Adler.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Groban Sings "Over The Rainbow"
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- WATCH: Bruce LaBruce at MoMA
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'