Ryan Murphy's Gay Family Sitcom Picked Up by NBC
BY Jeremy Kinser
May 08 2012 1:46 PM ET
The series is described as a “heartwarming comedy about a blended family." The Hangover's Justin Bartha and The Book of Mormon's Andrew Rannells will play the young couple and Scottish actress Georgia King has been cast as the woman who helps the two men begin their family. Ellen Barkin will play the surrogate's glamorous grandmother, and Nene Leakes has also been cast in a recurring role. Rannells is currently stealing scenes on HBO's Girls, in which he plays Elijah, the gay ex-boyfriend of Lena Dunham's character, Hannah. The New Normal's pilot was written by Murphy and Adler.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island