Ryan Murphy's Gay Family Sitcom Picked Up by NBC
BY Jeremy Kinser
May 08 2012 1:46 PM ET
The series is described as a “heartwarming comedy about a blended family." The Hangover's Justin Bartha and The Book of Mormon's Andrew Rannells will play the young couple and Scottish actress Georgia King has been cast as the woman who helps the two men begin their family. Ellen Barkin will play the surrogate's glamorous grandmother, and Nene Leakes has also been cast in a recurring role. Rannells is currently stealing scenes on HBO's Girls, in which he plays Elijah, the gay ex-boyfriend of Lena Dunham's character, Hannah. The New Normal's pilot was written by Murphy and Adler.
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Bruce Jenner Ends Speculation, Comes Out as Transgender Woman
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend