New Project from Desperate Housewives' Gay Creator
BY Neal Broverman
June 25 2012 2:21 PM ET
The gay writer and creator of ABC's Desperate Housewives has a new project, this time focusing on scheming maids in Beverly Hills.
After being passed over by ABC, Marc Cherry's Devious Maids got picked up for 13 episodes by Lifetime, the cable channel for women that's partly owned by Disney, which owns ABC. The series stars Susan Lucci, Judy Reyes, Dania Ramirez, Roselyn Sanchez, and Ana Ortiz, who starred in Ugly Betty.
Devious Maids, like Ugly Betty, is based on a Mexican telenovela. The show will premiere in 2013. Cherry, widely known for Desperate Housewives (and an infamous lawsuit brought by former star Nicollette Sheridan), also wrote and produced for The Golden Girls. Read more here.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too
- Perez Hilton Coming to Reality TV as a Gay Dad
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers
- World News Israel's President, Shimon Peres, Backs Same-Sex Marriage 51 sec ago
- Acceptance Matters WATCH: Davey Wavey Does Acceptance One Better 27 min 40 sec ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court 1 hour 50 min ago
- HIV & AIDS There Are Other Ways to Prevent HIV Besides Condoms 1 hour 51 min ago
- HIV & AIDS The Crisis in Prevention for the Gay Community 1 hour 53 min ago
- Entertainment News Listen to The Sound Of Music Live Soundtrack with Carrie Underwood 2 hours 54 min ago
- Travel Berlin's Best Neighborhoods: A Primer 2 hours 59 min ago