New Project from Desperate Housewives' Gay Creator
BY Neal Broverman
June 25 2012 3:21 PM ET
The gay writer and creator of ABC's Desperate Housewives has a new project, this time focusing on scheming maids in Beverly Hills.
After being passed over by ABC, Marc Cherry's Devious Maids got picked up for 13 episodes by Lifetime, the cable channel for women that's partly owned by Disney, which owns ABC. The series stars Susan Lucci, Judy Reyes, Dania Ramirez, Roselyn Sanchez, and Ana Ortiz, who starred in Ugly Betty.
Devious Maids, like Ugly Betty, is based on a Mexican telenovela. The show will premiere in 2013. Cherry, widely known for Desperate Housewives (and an infamous lawsuit brought by former star Nicollette Sheridan), also wrote and produced for The Golden Girls. Read more here.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Democrats and Republicans Alike Wary of Virginia's Radical Lt. Gov. Nominee
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Neither Democrats Nor Republicans Pleased With Virginia's GOP Lt. Gov. Nominee 18 min 56 sec ago
- Entertainment News Bling King: Liberace Car, Piano on View in NYC 35 min 16 sec ago
- Love and Sex Dear Digital Romeo: How Do I Seduce a Guy Through Chat? 58 min 13 sec ago
- Women Free Kate — She's Been Targeted Before, Says Father 1 hour 48 min ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 2 hours 32 min ago
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 2 hours 44 min ago
- Music WATCH: Is This the Worst Music Video Ever? 2 hours 58 min ago