WATCH: Ellen Barkin and The New Normal Fire Back at One Million Moms
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 09 2012 3:41 PM ET
After being hounded by the antigay group One Million Moms (which has, according to most sources, about 40,000 members), Ryan Murphy's comedy about two gay papas, The New Normal, gives a shout-out to the group in tonight's episode. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Murphy and his lesbian cocreator Ali Adler wrote One Million Moms into the series with a scene in which Ellen Barkin's conservative Republic grandmother character, Jane, recruits three future Million Moms to shut down a pretend playground wedding. Best of all? Watching the kids explain their parents' views on gays and marriage equality.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'