Former Jersey Shore Star Apologizes for Antigay Comments
BY Trudy Ring
October 20 2012 6:23 PM ET
Former Jersey Shore star Angelina Pivarnick is backpedaling on an antigay rant that brought her a good deal of criticism this week.
In a recent online debate with gay singer Adam Barta, Pivarnick had said gay couples shouldn’t marry, adding, “If you want to date each other, fine. We’ll see how it works. But in the end, they should really go and marry the other type.” She also said she had kissed other women in bars and had offers of sex from them, which she turned down.
Now Pivarnick tells TMZ that many of her gay friends have informed her “how ignorant my comments were.” She offers an apology to anyone who was offended and adds, “I’m starting to understand that no one should be denied the chance at happiness that marriage brings.”
Pivarnick appeared on the first two seasons of the reality show.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship 2 min 48 sec ago
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM