Former Jersey Shore Star Apologizes for Antigay Comments
BY Trudy Ring
October 20 2012 5:23 PM ET
Former Jersey Shore star Angelina Pivarnick is backpedaling on an antigay rant that brought her a good deal of criticism this week.
In a recent online debate with gay singer Adam Barta, Pivarnick had said gay couples shouldn’t marry, adding, “If you want to date each other, fine. We’ll see how it works. But in the end, they should really go and marry the other type.” She also said she had kissed other women in bars and had offers of sex from them, which she turned down.
Now Pivarnick tells TMZ that many of her gay friends have informed her “how ignorant my comments were.” She offers an apology to anyone who was offended and adds, “I’m starting to understand that no one should be denied the chance at happiness that marriage brings.”
Pivarnick appeared on the first two seasons of the reality show.
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling 31 min 9 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' 1 hour 3 min ago
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark 1 hour 12 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker 1 hour 28 min ago
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? 1 hour 28 min ago
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards 2 hours 10 min ago
- Entertainment News GQ Germany Features Famous Straight Men Kissing for Tolerance 4:28 PM