Former Jersey Shore Star Apologizes for Antigay Comments
BY Trudy Ring
October 20 2012 6:23 PM ET
Former Jersey Shore star Angelina Pivarnick is backpedaling on an antigay rant that brought her a good deal of criticism this week.
In a recent online debate with gay singer Adam Barta, Pivarnick had said gay couples shouldn’t marry, adding, “If you want to date each other, fine. We’ll see how it works. But in the end, they should really go and marry the other type.” She also said she had kissed other women in bars and had offers of sex from them, which she turned down.
Now Pivarnick tells TMZ that many of her gay friends have informed her “how ignorant my comments were.” She offers an apology to anyone who was offended and adds, “I’m starting to understand that no one should be denied the chance at happiness that marriage brings.”
Pivarnick appeared on the first two seasons of the reality show.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Harvey Milk Day Has Group Worried About 'Indoctrinating' Kids
- Anonymous Boy Scouts Employee Says Antigay Policy Hurts Business
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 27 min 30 sec ago
- Women SheWired Shot of the Day: Chloe Sevigny Absolut-ly Sizzles for Elyxr 52 min 24 sec ago
- Crime Arrest Made in Latest Antigay Attack in NYC 1 hour 3 min ago
- Youth Anonymous Boy Scouts Employee Says Antigay Policy Hurts Business 1 hour 7 min ago
- Youth Harvey Milk Day Has Group Worried About 'Indoctrinating' Kids 1 hour 23 min ago
- Theater See Which Hunk Won the 2013 Broadway Beauty Pageant 1 hour 27 min ago
- Politicians Harvey Milk Day: First Park in Nation Named for Rights Pioneer 1 hour 40 min ago