WATCH: Which Jersey Shore Cast Member Opposes Marriage Equality?
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 12 2012 6:00 PM ET
Thursday's vice presidential debates were not the only contest of wills this week. Jersey Shore’s Angelina Pivarnick had an internet face-off with openly gay entertainer Adam Barta on a hot-button political issue: should same-sex marriage be legalized?
“I love gay people,” the reality star prefaced on deeyon.com, a forum for digital debates. “I have a lot of friends that are gay. If you want to date each other, fine. We’ll see how it works. But in the end, they should really go and marry the other type.”
“I pay my taxes, and I’m a citizen,” countered Barta, whose single "Standing in the Rain" was named a favorite Jersey Shore "fist-pumping beat" by Z100. “Why wouldn’t I have that right?”
Angelina Pivarnick was a founding member of MTV’s hit reality show, Jersey Shore, in which she referred to herself as the “Kim Kardashian of Staten Island.” Her unvarnished opinions and confrontational demeanor were perennial sources of conflict with her cast mates, who shared close quarters in Seaside Heights, NJ. She was replaced by Deena Nicole Cortese in season 3.
Pivarnick, a practicing Catholic, added that “God did not intend people to be gay.” She also admitted that she has “kissed girls before…in clubs,” but has no intention of carrying these relationships any further.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM