Teen Wolf to Add New Gay Character
BY Jase Peeples
March 06 2014 2:13 PM ET
A new gay character will be roaming the halls of Beacon Hills High School when Teen Wolf returns next season, reports TV Line.
The growing LGBT cast of characters found on the sexy supernatural series will soon include “funny, witty, and handsome” Mason, “an out-and-proud athlete” who will be the best friend of the new star lacrosse player at BHHS — another new character who will be introduced in the upcoming season.
The role of Teen Wolf’s newest gay character has yet to be cast, but rumors of Mason being heavily involved in the supernatural elements of the show have started to surface.
Created by out writer-producer Jeff Davis, Teen Wolf quickly gained a loyal LGBT fan base, in part, due to the show’s groundbreaking portrayal of sexuality. In the world of the series homophobia is nonexistent, which Davis says was a conscious choice on his part. “One of the most important things to me when we were creating the show was to try to build a world where we weren’t actually talking about coming out and all the problems of homophobia,” Davis told The Advocate in a November interview. “I wanted it to be an idealized world — one where being gay isn’t just accepted, it’s a part of everyday life.”
The show’s third season will wrap up by the end of this month, with season 4 expected to begin this coming summer.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere